I’m happy to announce that we have just released a new updated version of the Generic Writer along with a new public documentation. This update brings several new things and also simplification of the configuration structure. The main changes are:
- Brand new documentation - https://developers.keboola.com/extend/generic-writer/configuration/
- Updated configuration structure
- The structure is simplified and should be more understandable. Also it lays grounds for templatization of the component and row based configuration that will come in the future.
- Default api properties options
- Similarly to Generic Extractor specify default HTTP options to be sent with each request
- Authentication methods
- Setup Basic authentication method without need to replicate via functions
- Unlocks the component for many more methods to be added in the future.
- Retry config
- Allows users to control retry strategy.
NOTE The update is fully backward compatible with old structure and previously created configurations will continue to work unaffected. To enable the new features for the old ones, please reach out to us via the support button and we can convert your current configuration into the new structure.