Even though the CDO role has been known for some time, it's still covered in a bit of mystery. This article has some very nice stats.
Organizations with a CDO are:
- Four times more likely to use data to transform their business.
- Three times more likely to freely share data across the business.
- Seven times more likely to generate external monetary value from their data.
- Twice as likely to run advanced analytics, rather than basic operational reporting, than organizations that make a CIO responsible for data assets.
- Three to four times more likely to formally value their data assets.