We're excited to announce the coming release of a major upgrade to our platform, as part of our multi-cloud strategy, to bring new features you might have seen on our Azure stacks into your AWS based projects as well.
This upgrade will not cause any outages of or limitations to the use of the Keboola platform. Before the release, we will share with you detailed instructions on what to do and how to fully enjoy all the new features.
What features to expect:
- New Transformations
Built from the ground up, new transformations are more flexible and packed with new features. Migration from the current transformation will be available with a click. For more information, click here.
- New Workspaces
Replacing sandboxes, new workspaces bring scalability and flexibility for your experiments. Learn more about this feature.
- Development Branches
A safe and fast way for engineers to iterate new ideas on production data by creating an unlimited number of branches – a development space as an instant virtualized copy of your production project ready for safe testing. Find out more about development branches.
- New Storage UI
New Storage comes with a new – slicker – look that will improve the entire user experience for all Keboola veterans. Read more.
- ML/AI Services (MLFlow support)
To support machine learning operations, you can now train & deploy your machine learning model directly within Keboola. Click here to get more information.
We would love to hear your feedback on our new features. Please let us know your thoughts using the feedback button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Join us for our roadmap webinar to learn more about all those features!
If you have any questions or comments about the coming upgrade, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a topic for discussion. Sandbox "Workspace" vs transformation. I don't understand how to use it effectively. In the past, it was a "simple clever" for two clicks. Now it's unnecessarily complicated.
I suggest adding the option to choose a workspace in the transformation and then give the load data. With that, I'll stay in the transformation. Alternatively, "Load data to Workspace" if I previously selected it.
Hi @Radek Hajek,
thanks for this! We are aware of this and currently working on the new improved flow under new transformations in a way you are describing with a goal to release new version as soon as we can.
a few top comments after a few days of use :
1) Missing option to turn off code block or option for editor comment/uncoment block of code (SQL)
2) I miss the possibility of a phase, mainly due to the writing of tables with the subsequent start of the next orchestration. I'll have to split some buckets in two.
3) Migration time (until 2021-09-01) is incredibly short. To top it all over the summer (that's not good timing).
It is clear to me that we will not stop progress, but change could have been more controlled (more communication before change - transformation)
Hi @Radek Hajek
Thanks for the feedback. Let me answer:
Happy to see the first version of dev branches! I wanted to ask if you have any plans to:
1. Add support for pull requests/merge requests? So the branch won't be merged to production until reviewed by peers (other keboola user).
2. Lock edits on the "production"
3. Add GitHub/GitLab integration
HI @Matus Pavliscak
with new upgrades before migration first few questions are coming :)
1. Transformation blocks: do they run parallel or series ?
That could answear as well replacement for "required" in Transformations ...
2. Workspace data: unload help reduce "storage" ?
3. If eg. Block 2 fails
- the whole transformation fails ?
- will there be at least write output from Block1 ?
4. No more "clone" table ?
5. Missing "disable": How to handle currently not needed block of code which I want to keep for future ?
I guess more might be coming ... so thank you in advance for your patience ...
Hi, @Tereza Licková, thank you for reaching out to us, here are the answers:
2. no, the workspace switches automatically to sleep mode after 60min of inactivity all all data expect notebooks are dropped and loaded again on wake up.
3. - yes, - we will consider it in next release, could you describe your use case and send to ideas.keboola.com
5. we will consider it in next release, you can use share code feature to store some piece of code which could be used in future
Great to know Keboola is moving forward, however, the new storage UI is a step back - in many ways it's more difficult to use and navigate. Have you tested it with users before the release? I wonder what feedback have you got.
Yes we tested the storage and got feedback which we incorporate it. We will continue to improve it, if you have any feedback please don't hesitate to send it trough ideas.keboola.com.
Is there a set date for the release?