As you know, currently we don’t charge customers for usage of the legacy Data Science Sandboxes (marked as BETA) because they have not been fully under your control.
We have already released a new stable and complete environment of Data Science Workspaces with full control over the usage for Keboola users. New Data Science workspaces enable:
- Input mapping: Data can be loaded into the existing workspace.
- Output mapping: Data can be unloaded from the workspace to the storage.
- Multiple workspaces: You can now have as many workspaces as you need. Not just one sandbox as in the past.
- Workspaces can be shared within all the users in the project.
- Backend size can be chosen according to your needs.
- There is an auto-sleep function, which can be turned on or off.
We will start including the new Data Science Workspaces usage into your credit consumption from August 1st 2021 (what is time credit and how it is calculated). And since we start turning off the old Sandboxes, we would like to ask you to move over the new ones as soon as you can.
If you are using our Telemetry Data extractor you can easily measure the consumption by using the table
“kbc_data_science_sandbox”. To be able to adjust and review your usage, only new Data Science Workspaces are included in your billed credits.
In case of any questions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager (if we were not faster :o).